1. American Joint Committee on Cancer. In OH Beahrs, MH Myers (eds), Manual for Staging of Cancer. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1983.
2. Boring CC, et al. Cancer statistics, 1991. CA 41:19, 1991.
3. Catalona WJ, Avioli LV. Diagnosis, staging, and surgical treatment of prostatic carcinoma. Arch Intern Med 147:361, 1987.
4. Chadwick DJ, et al. Pilot study of screening for prostate cancer in general practice. Lancet 338:613, 1991.
5. Cooner WH, et al. Clinical application of transrectal ultrasonography and prostate specific antigen in the search for prostate cancer. J Urol 139:758, 1988.
6. Crawford ED. Hormonal therapy of prostatic carcinoma: Defining the challenge. Cancer 66:1035, 1990.
7. Crawford ED, et al. Leuprolide with and without flutamide in advanced prostate cancer. Cancer 66:1039, 1990.
8. Fekete M, et al. Characteristics and distribution of receptors for [D-Trp6]-luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone, somatostatin, epidermal growth factor, and sex steroids in 500 biopsy samples of human breast cancer. J Clin Lab Anal 3:137, 1989.
9. Geller J, Albert JD. Comparison of various hormonal therapies for prostatic carcinoma. Semin Oncol 10(suppl 4):34, 1983.
10. Gittes RF. Carcinoma of the prostate. N Engl J Med 324:236, 1991.
11. Gonzalez-Barcena D, et al. Influence of D-Trp-6-LH-RH on the survival time in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer. Biomed Pharmacother 43:313, 1989.
12. Gonzalez-Barcena D, et al. Response to D-Trp-6-LH-RH in advanced adenocarcinoma of pancreas. Lancet 2:154, 1986.
13. Harvey HA, et al. LH-RH analogs for human mammary carcinoma. In BH Vickery et al. (eds), LHRH and its Analogs: Contraceptive and Therapeutic Applications. Boston: Kluwer Academic, 1984. P. 329.
14. Hricak H. Noninvasive imaging for staging of prostate cancer: Magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography, and ultrasound. In NCI monographs (no. 7). Washington, DC: Government Printing Office, 1988:31. (NIH publication no. 88).
15. Iversen P, et al. A phase III trial of Zoladex and Flutamide versus orchiectomy in the treatment of patients with advanced carcinoma of the prostate. Cancer 66:1058, 1990.
16. Kaufmann M, et al. The German zoladex trial group: Goserelin, a depot gonadotropin releasing hormone agonist in the treatment of premenopausal patients with metastatic breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 7:1113, 1989.
17. Keuppens F, et al. Zoladex and flutamide versus bilateral orchiectomy. A randomized phase III EORTC 30853 study. Cancer 66:1045, 1990.
18. Klijn JGM, et al. LHRH agonist treatment in clinical and experimental human breast cancer. J Steroid Biochem 23:867, 1985.
19. Kuhn JM, et al. Prevention of the transient adverse effects of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogue (buserelin) in metastatic prostatic carcinoma by administration of an antiandrogen (nilutamide). N Engl J Med 321:413, 1984.
20. Nicholson RI, et al. Review of the endocrine actions of LHRH analogs in premenopausal women in breast cancer. Horm Res 32:198, 1989.
21. Parmar H, et al. Randomized controlled study of orchidectomy vs. long-acting D-Trp-6-LH-RH microcapsules in advanced prostatic carcinoma. Lancet ii:1201, 1985.
22. Parmar H, et al. Response to [D-Trp6]-LHRH (Decapeptyl) microcapsules in advanced ovarian cancer. BMJ 296:1229, 1988.
23. Perez CA, et al. Carcinoma of the Prostate. In VT DeVita, Jr, S Hellman, SA Rosenberg. Cancer Principles and Practice of Oncology (3rd ed). Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1989. Pp. 1023.
24. Plowman PN, et al. Remission of postmenopausal breast cancer during treatment with the luteinizing hormone releasing hormone agonist ICI 118630. Br J Cancer 54:903, 1986.
25. Poston GJ, et al. Phase one study on the use, and tolerance of somatostatin analogue RC-160 in the treatment of patients with advanced exocrine pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic Society Meeting, November 16, 1990. Gut 32:A342-A344, 1991.
26. Redding TW, Schally AV. Inhibition of growth of pancreatic carcinomas in animal models by analogs of hypothalamic hormones. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 81:248, 1984.
27. Santeen RJ, et al. Endocrine treatment of breast cancer in women. Endocr Rev, 11:221, 1990.
28. Scardino PT, et al. Staging of prostate cancer: Value of ultrasonography. Urol Clin North Am 16:713, 1989.
29. Schally AV, et al. Analogs of LHRH: The present and the future. In VH Vickery, B Lunenfeld (eds), Basic Aspects: GnRH Analogues in Cancer and in Human Reproduction. Boston: Kluwer Academic, 1989. Vol 1. P. 5.
30. Schally AV. Antitumor effects of analogs of LH-RH and Somatostatin: Experimental and clinical studies. J Steroid Biochem 37:1061, 1990.
31. Schally AV, et al. Antitumor effects of analogs of hypothalamic hormones in endocrine dependent cancers. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 175:259, 1984.
32. Schally AV, et al. Potential use of luteinizing hormone-releasing hormones in the treatment of hormone-sensitive neoplasms. Cancer Treat Rev 68:281, 1984.
33. Schroeder FH, et al. Metastatic cancer of the prostate managed with buserelin versus buserelin plus cyproterone acetate. J Urol 137:912, 1987.
34. Sharifi R, Soloway M. Leuprolide study group: Clinical study of leuprolide depot formulation in the treatment of advanced prostate cancer. J Urol 143:68, 1990.
35. Sogani PC, et al. Experience with flutamide in patients with advanced prostatic cancer without prior endocrine therapy. Cancer 54:744, 1984.
36. Stamey TA, et al. Prostate specific antigen in the diagnosis and treatment of adenocarcinoma of the prostate. II: Radical prostatectomy patients. J Urol 141:1076, 1989.
37. Szende B, et al. Growth inhibition of MXT mammary carcinoma by enhancing programmed cell death (apoptosis) with analogs of LH-RH and somatostatin. Breast Cancer Res Treat 14:307, 1989.
38. Szende B, et al. Growth inhibition of mouse MXT mammary tumor by the luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone antagonist SB-75. J Natl Cancer Inst 82:513, 1990.
39. Tolis G, et al. Tumor growth inhibition in patients with prostatic carcinoma treated with luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone agonists. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 79:1658, 1982.
40. Walker KJ, et al. Preliminary endocrinological evaluation of a sustained-release formulation of the LH-Releasing hormone agonist D-Ser(But)6Azgly10LH-RH in premenopausal women with advanced breast cancer. J Endocrinol 111:349, 1986.
41. Walsh PC, et al. Potency following radical prostatectomy with wide unilateral excision of the neurovascular bundle. J Urol 138:823, 1987.
42. Williams MR, et al. The use of an LH-RH agonist (ICI 118630, Zoladex) in advanced premenopausal breast cancer. Br J Cancer 53:629, 1986.